Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ragnar 2008














180 miles in 28 hours....


This has sealed it for me I love to run!!!
I haven't had this much fun in a long time, even with our stomachs in pain,
NO sleep, and Port-a-potties....I'd do it again tomorrow!!!
Of course only with team ZIPFIZZ!!!
We laughed, giggled, talked, ate, drank (zipfizz) and ran!!!
Thanks to LIsa and Eric for putting this together, I love these two.

We each had 3 different legs through out the race. When it came to hand off
we slapped these bendy?? bracelets on the next runners wrist.
I really enjoyed cheering for our team.
Everyone was so positive and NEVER gave up!!!

My first one ( and favorite) was late at night, up hill
in the middle of nowhere, running on the highway, pitch black....
I was in heaven. I didn't listen to any music which i normally do,
just the sound of my breathing and feet hitting the pavement
The stars felt so close, and again i was free...
My next leg, was just about sunrise.. hello? My FAV time of day....
So off again on the highway, It felt great, love hearing the girls cheer,
and laughing cuz we know the guys are making fun of the different ways we run.
My last leg was actually in Mesa ... nice and warm...
Christy came around the corner to the finish and we all joined her.

I love these girls, I had a blast!!!!

7 comments:

Lisa Harris said...

Who's the girl with GINORMOUS legs in that first pic?? Poor girl, maybe she shouldn't wear running tights that are a few sizes to small.
Great ragnar post. You are a true runner. I am thrilled that you can check running on the highway off of your list of lifetime goals. I'm proud of you. What's next for us?? I'm perfectly happy sitting on my couch eating easter candy for awhile.But, if you find a race..I will run it with you.

emily said...

hey It was late... and long over due!!! I just looked again..wow it's gone..MAGIC!!! love ya

Natalie Hall said...

Emily I love that you updated! It's about time we enter your life through the web. Please don't keep us in suspense any longer, with any of your other great activities.
BTW, dinner was so fun last Friday.

amy said...

cool, emo!
so glad you posted. this race looks like a lot of fun(!)... a lot of work but a lot of fun. :)
again- good for you for getting' out there and doing this. you're truly inspiring.
have a fab week and i'll see you friday.

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Christy said...

I've been waiting for this post...loved it! I love reading about your passion for running. You better keep it up because you're so good at it! You can always come run the SLC Half or Full with me ;)

amy said...

hope you had a most wonderful birthday!!