Thursday, March 27, 2008

SUPERPOWERS


If you know me well, you know my nose has a mind of it's own. You know that as I pass a building, home, person,
street that has a fragrant ;

1. I smell it like in the cartoons. You know like when that long finger floats through the air and under the nose,( enticing the character)
2. It can remind me of a place or a memory, some that can go back as far as my childhood
3. It can make me sick if it doesn"t agree wth my nose
4. or I get really HAPPY

I'm always smelling candles, perfumes, and lotions, flowers, fresh cut grass, rain on the cement, laundry detergent, the beach, campfires, B.B.Q.s, the different scents in the air when the seasons change, babies after a bath, that smell right after you blow out a match??? and if a guy is wearing the right cologne... my head will turn....sigh, recently I smell blossoms in the air, ORANGE blossoms. This is one of my favortie parts of Spring and my favorite thing about running lately.

So today I am thankful for my SUPERPOWER ... my ability to simply smell.

5 comments:

Lisa Harris said...

You say the beach..I say Christmas.
Yes, the orange blossom's have been divine to smell on our runs. Ahh..spring is here!

Natalie Hall said...

Well written post missy. Made me want to start baking goodies, but then I would turn on my superpowers of the mouth...

amy said...

ha ha! love this. i second everything you said. everyday.
love the visual of the wispy finger.
orange blossoms are truly a gift from above. :)
have a most wonderful day!!

Jenny said...

Hey Emily! I'm so glad you found me! Its so good to hear from you! Call me soon, I'm sure you can find my number somewhere. :)
Love ya! Jenny

Venessa said...

CUTE DOG LOVE EMME