Wednesday, October 29, 2008

NIE DAY at the New and Beautiful, Habit Salon



NIE DAY AT HABIT SALON - NOVEMBER 22nd!!! (yes it changed)
BENEFIT FOR STEPHANIE & CHRISTIAN NIELSON

Here it is, I'm SO excited!!! But we need YOU to make it successful!! It's going to be a fun day. If you don't want to cheat on your stylist, (which is the only time to cheat and NOT feel guilty, lol) come get your hair washed and styled for your Saturday.

It is so important that we keep giving. Can I pull on the heart strings? After surviving a private plane crash, the Nielsons have spent the last two months in the Maricopa Burn Center. The first batch of cultured grown skin for them was placed for 100 pieces. Each piece of skin graph is about $1,500.00 EACH and they are little squares!! Stephanie will continue to have about 80 more surgeries in her lifetime. Her sweet Mr. Nielson was just able to leave the rehab center and move in with his parents. He is working with Legos to work his hands.

(The money is needed in so many different ways, besides all the lifetime of medical bills. Mortgage payments, car payments, water and electricity, health insurance, food, clothes for their four children. All the bills keep coming, even though Christian can not work, and will not be able to for a long time.)

I know you all are keeping up on these two, as I am. I've known Christian since I moved here 18 years ago. Same ward, one street over, my brother is his age and friend. He was in TwyceAround, the group my high school boyfriend was in. We had choir together and were both silly characters in the musical, "Music Man". And we sadly watched as his sister, Charity, pass away of a very rare form of cancer.

He is sweet, handsome and charming. A friend of mine ran in to him months ago and asked how he was. Christian replied, " I have a wife, kids and a house. I'm living the American dream!" We got a little chuckle out of it at the time. Is he for real? Are there really guys out there like this? So satisfied? As I get to know them as a couple and a family through the blogs, and his beautiful, spunky wife and adorable kiddos...I believe so!

I'm so glad he is okay, though my heart still aches for him. I talked to his mom. Mary, for a moment at the Blissfest. She was sleeping with Christian in the hospital every night. He must feel so alone. ( I'm tearing up. ) You are in my prayers.

I remember at the balloon launch shortly after it happened (at the Mesa Temple) writing notes of love and hope to attach to the balloons. As I wrote them down, "WE love you!", " We are Here!", I could feel Christian and Stephanie. And I knew they felt all of us.

As my sister started to help out with a garage sale for NIE in Agritopia (Shout out to Carolyn-kisses) I joined in. What an overwhelming feeling of love!!!

My sister, Jolleen, just finished another successful garage sale for NIE, and with all of your help, $4,700.00 was raised for the Nielsons!!! Thank you to those of you who helped out, donated and supported!!! We love you! Seriously, we do! (Check out her blog for amazing stories and videos about the Christian and Stephanie.)

I've never met Stephanie before, so I always felt a little strange talking about her on here. But some how I know her, and I think we all do. She is a selfless mom and in love with her man. She is beautiful, talented and silly!

I adore you, Stephanie. I'm here to help.

Last Saturday was a concert for Nie at Mt. View. With sister, Josie, and our new friend, Mary, -we went after the Big Nie garage sale. The artist was Mindy Gledhill. (Cute!!) I hadn't heard her before.

She went to school with Stephanie. What a perfect way to end the day. Stephanie's girl's (Claire and Jane) sang with Mindy. It was breathtaking...Laugh, cry, laugh, cry!!

I also met a girl who had come from Phoenix sitting next to me... (Amy, if you are out there? Find me!) Nie has touched her like the rest of us. We were instant friends.

Yes, tragedy can bring us together... I can just see Stephanie in Mr. Nielsons arms, on their front porch, watching their kids chasing each other in the yard, as the sun goes down, on their new farm in Provo...

The Nielson's, the Adorable America Dream... Let's help make it continue...

Oh ya, and we are designing a Limited Edition NIE T-Shirt for the participants of NIE DAY at Habit Salon. You don't want to miss out!

5 comments:

Cassie and Chad said...

Oh I so wish I could be there! Wish you had one here in UT! You are truly great.

Pink Caboose said...

Emily, this is April Heap, John's cousin from St. Johns. I found your blog from Heather's. I don't know if you knew that this plane crash was in my parents back yard? I am amazed by how many people are helping raise money and support the Neilson's. Even my husbands cousins in California know about it and are donating. I wish I could be there for your Salon Day, what a great way to help, I hope you have a great turn out. Anyway, I hope you don't think its to weird that I left you this comment, just wanted to say thanks for helping, you guys have done a lot. ~April

mrs. timberlake said...

EMILY!
It's me... Amy, from the concert!

I can't believe we left without exchanging emails... lame.

And Yes, I will cheat on my stylist.

Email me: amymerrill@cox.net

Hillary from The Beauty Mark said...

Hey Emily! I just wanted to let you know that I went by Poppy's Home Decor and they are planning on putting something together for the raffle. I told them we probably need it by the 15th? Hopefully that's right? Let me know!!

Domestic Bliss & FOUND said...

Hey Emily,
Sorry I missed you when you came in the other day- give us a call or email me if you want to get together like you talked to Dixie about- we would love to have you! Thanks Emily! Can't wait for your event!
K
dkalber@cox.net