Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nothing like the Arizona sky



I have a love-hate relationship with this state, but this is what i love...The billowy clouds when a storm is coming our way, they can get so huge and feirce looking. I'm in love with the Sunrises... when it changes from darkness into rays and rays of orange, pink, and yellow bursting through the clouds. The sunsets, when it looks like angels are about to decend from behind the clouds, or that you could drive right into it setting. A close tie for first is the HARVEST MOONS, oh my, It gets SO enormous and low, the color is such a deep orange, ooooh I love it. Hmmm... and then there are those nights when the sky is so clear and you can see SO many stars. I always search for the 7 sisters, not sure why, or even the story behind why they are called that but, I blow them a kiss just the same.

2 comments:

Buffalo Gal said...

Hey fellow "cloud watcher" (is that a middle child thing?) Funny I think about you sista's all the time too! We should get together again soon. I keep wanting to come and see your salon too, annndd i really need a cut!!! Well call me sometime or give me you number so I can call you! K talk soon!

Bunk1125 said...

So vivid, the words you chose:

"when it looks like angels are about to descend from behind the clouds..."

Took me back in time to a specific moment back in 2000. I remember getting home in East Mesa and turning to suddenly notice the sunset that had somehow formed clandistinely behind my back during my commute from Tempe ---

Heavenly? Surreal? What are words, anyway ... in the face of such majesty?

The cactus, outlined in crystalline contrast before the incandescent array of silver- and gold-fringed clouds; the newly departed sun, reaching out with tendrils of orange-laced amber ... seemingly desperate to affix themselves to the clouds in order to somehow remain relevant to all those who cared to behold ...

And then, just as it appeared as if I was on the cusp of being blessed with some sort of celestial vision, the sun seemed all at once to lose its grip on this, my personal conduit to the heavens, as it lumbered, blazing ... inexorably Westward.

Would this drama ... this delicate interplay of impending darkness and fleeting glory, continue on and on?


(Your blog woke something up inside of me there ... and so I tried my hand at relaying to you what is obviously so indelibly imprinted onto my memories. I hope you don't mind.) =)

Thank you, Emily, for sharing.

Mike